Advertise Now
Europe Attractions
Travel Companies
  Home > Travel Europe > Europe Destinations > Macedo de Cavaleiros

Macedo de Cavaleiros

Europe is one of the five inhabited traditional continents of the Earth. Physically and geologically, Europe is the westernmost peninsula of Eurasia, west of Asia. Europe is bounded to the north by the Arctic Ocean, to the west by the Atlantic Ocean, to the south by the Mediterranean Sea, and to the southeast by the waterways adjoining the Mediterranean to and including the Black Sea and the Caucasus Mountains. On the east, Europe is divided from Asia by the water divide of the Ural Mountains and by the Caspian Sea. Europe is the world's second-smallest continent in terms of area and third-largest continent after Asia and Africa in population.
Macedo de Cavaleiros is a municipality in northeastern Portugal, in the district of Braganca. The municipality is composed of 38 parishes and is located in the district of Braganca. The total population of the municipality is 17,210, area is 699.2 square kilometers and density is 25 square kilometers.
All the parishes except Macedo de Cavaleiros itself have populations under 1,000, and Morais is the only other parish with a population greater than 500. 65.12 percent of the total population lives in those parishes with a population of less than 1,000 with the remaining 34.88 percent, more than 1 by 3 of the total population living in Macedo de Cavaleiros. At the other extreme the smallest parish by population and population density is Soutelo Mourisco. The largest parish by area is Morais, the smallest Santa Combinha.

Macedo de Cavaleiros is also known as the town of best geographical environment and has traced its origins back to prehistoric times. Today, one can also learn about its history, from its earliest times and can also enjoy its natural beauty concealed by the beautiful landscapes.

Everything you need to know about Traveling Europe is here at

Permission is granted to reproduce this article as long as the above resource paragraph is left intact with active links.

Back to Europe Destinations

Europe Destinations
Europe News